Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'll miss him

It's been a roller-coaster of a year so far. My dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer on New Year's Eve and had various other things all go wrong with him in the days that followed. After what seemed to him like too long to wait he finally went to be with the Lord on February 11th at about 4:30 am. I was happy to be there and, although I was asleep, he seemed to wake me up when he "left". It was so peaceful and even now I have a hard time feeling really upset or sad. He was SO ready to go...I know now he must be unbelievably happy! I do feel bad for my mom though. They loved each other so and were together all the time. It will be hard for her, I know.

The funeral service was very nice and I was even able to see one of my brothers that I hadn't seen in over 9 years! My dad was truly loved by so many and will be sorely missed! I love you daddy!

He was such a hard-working, fun-loving, wonderful guy!


4 comments:

MarkusVictorius said...

Very nice Sis. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him, but will live on in our hearts forever.
Thanks for just bein' you. Take care and luv ya lots! Your little bro-M.E.

charlotte said...

So sorry for your loss, but the gift of peace is something to cherish. My dad passed without me there, miss him so much still. Sweet words from your brother.

Tammy Gilley said...

I'm so sorry. I can totally relate. I lost my Dad (peacefully) in November. In the end, it was too much for Mom to bear. She was diagnosed with cancer in January, and passed (also peacefully) a month ago yesterday. I miss them both exquisitely and am sad, sad, sad. I do find comfort, though, knowing they are together again. Love your mom with everything you've got. And take care of you.

Betzie said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your dad...I'm sure you made him smile again up in heaven!
Hugs!