Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Blog and Etsy Shop

I'm oh, so very new to this blogging business. I feel nervous and a little scared.

I've been reading others blogs for a few months now. I've been sucked into the blogging world and the desire to join these wonderful women whose blogs I admire has been overwhelming...so here I am.

I'm not sure I'll have anything interesting to say. I need someone to hold my hand...Raesha? Amy? or perhaps this Amy? Do I need to learn html? Is it easy to post pictures? What is good "blog etiquette"? I guess I'll play around with a few buttons and see what I come up with. I've possible linked to the above mentioned ladies' blogs...I think I have.

Let's see...I'll talk about a swap I joined and post some pictures (if it works). I joined Swap-bot a little while ago and have created a few matchbox swaps. Here's a few photos of what I stuffed inside them:




For a Valentine Matchbox Swap


What I put inside

And for the "Oh So Girly" Swap:
I layered the bear and the flowers and then added teeny-tiny little marbles on the flower centers and put diamond glaze on them and the bear.



...and what was inside!



O.k. I'm done practicing with the pictures. Do they always show up on the top of the page and you have to move them down to where you want them? Oh this is all just so new!!

Guess what else I did this week? I opened my very own

Etsy shop!!!

I haven't sold paper piecings on eBay for so long and I'd like to start again but in the mean time I thought I'd try my hand at Etsy. It's going to be a long time before I'm noticed though, I'm afraid. Nobody hearts me yet even...I'm so pathetic...lol...I keep checking how many people have looked at my stuff and if anyone hearts me yet. So far a few people have looked but nobody hearts me...boo hoo. Wanna make me happy? Go and add me to your favourites! Here's a link to my shop...please go and check it out.

O.k. well...that's it for now I guess. I've played around enough...now to press a button and see how it works. If you've found my blog somehow please leave a comment...thanx!!!

~Marianne <

4 comments:

amy said...

Hi, Marianne! Welcome to the blog world! You're off to a fabulous start. I can't wait to read more about you and your creations. Good luck and don't be nervous!

Love,
Amy

Raesha D said...

I totally heart you:):):) I will hold your hand for as long as you need me to:):) Welcome to blogging - it is so much fun!

Amy said...

Hi Marianne! I was happy to hear that your package arrived, I'm sorry it didn't make it before Christmas though! I even mailed it earlier than the rest...but it made it and you were happy so that's all that matters.

I'm so glad you've taken the blogging plunge, it's fun and you're off to a great start too. I'm happy to help with whatever I can too.

Betzie said...

How do you like Etsy so far? I've done ebay too, but it's so expensive now to list stuff and use Paypal too.
Hope you do well on Etsy! I'd heart you if I knew what that meant. LOL